A lot of new things happened in the Digital Marketing space last week. Here are the top 7 updates that could be really helpful for you.
1) YouTube Improves Mobile Experience With 5 Updates YouTube is improving the mobile viewing experience for users with the rollout of five new updates. The updates to YouTube on mobile are designed around making better use of existing features and introducing a few new ones. Updates include:
- Better use of video chapters
- A more streamlined player page
- New gestures
- Suggested actions
- Bedtime reminders
2) Instagram ups length limit for Live broadcasts; adds live-stream archives With the widespread usage of the IG live feature, Instagram has announced two new options for the same. Firstly, Instagram is extending the live stream’s time-limit of 60 minutes to four hours. In addition to this, Instagram is also launching a new option which will enable users to archive their IG Live broadcasts for up to 30 days.
3) Facebook starts rolling out Dark Mode in its mobile App After months of testing, and making it available on the desktop and other versions, Facebook has finally made it official that it is launching a full-public test of Dark Mode for its mobile application. With dark mode having a dedicated fan following, it is only about time that it is rolled out for its mobile application.
4) LinkedIn adds new tools to help job seekers Professionals and job seekers are extensively turning to LinkedIn to explore new opportunities, in the wake of pay cuts and layoffs owing to COVID-19. The social network just reached 722 million members, reporting a high engagement in the past few months. This week, the platform has announced a range of new tools to assist job seekers with training and discovery directly within the App. The main addition is the ‘LinkedIn Career Explorer’, which will show you potential career paths based on the skills you have. LinkedIn has also published a new report on the top trending skills among professionals to help provide more guidance as to where demand is rising. The five fastest-growing skills, at present, according to LinkedIn’s data are:
- Digital Marketing
- Financial Forecasting
- Data Analysis
- Agile Project Management
5) Google Tests Green Bubble Header Display In Search Google is now testing a different interface for the coloured header background in search, for queries. The search engine is testing the header in a white background. It uses buttons that are coloured and in a bubble format.
6) Google Tests Always Open Search Tools Options Google is testing removing the requirement to click on the ‘tools’ feature to toggle on the filter options. Instead, Google is testing showing the filters immediately without you having to click on the “tools” link.
7) Google ends support for data-vocabulary.org structured data in rich results Google had announced that as of April 6, 2020, data-vocabulary.org markup will no longer be eligible for Google rich result features. But due to COVID-19, the timeline has shifted to January 29, 2021. According to a write-up by Google, this means that this markup will stop being eligible for Google search result features and enhancements. Structured data schemas such as schema.org and data-vocabulary.org are used to define shared meaningful structures for markup-based applications on the Web. With the increasing usage and popularity of schema.org, we decided to focus our development on a single SD scheme.